1. I built three identical houses out of the Popsicle sticks making sure all the sides were sealed except for the bottom which I left open.
2. After they had all dried, I painted the first black and the second white. I left the third one with its original wood colour.
3. Next, I taped one thermometer to each house using masking tape.
4. I then put all three boxes in the sun for an hour so that they all faced the same direction. Next to them I put the fourth thermometer to show the outside temperature.
5. Lastly I recorded my results.