1. Create math test from a grade 9 academic
math book. Choose assortment of questions that would have been covered
in the first week of classes.
2. Create 3 versions of the test changing only slightly.
3. Create an answer key for each test A, B, and C.
4. Photocopy 50 copies of each test.
5. Write out the instructions to read to each group of students.
6. Conduct tests in two grade 9 academic classrooms over 3 days. One test
per day. Classes will be chosen at random.
7. Read the instructions of the test to the group.
8. Play music (if applicable) for 2 minutes before test, then start the
test. They have 8 minutes to complete as much as they can on the test.
9. Using the answer key, mark the tests and record scores, in the two
groups, male and female.