DID YOU KNOW?
· The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends limiting TV viewing to 1-2 hours per day (http://www.vh.org/pediatric/patient/pediatrics
Positive Effects Of TV
GENERAL FACTS ABOUT TV
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF TV ON KIDS’ BRAIN
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF TV ON KIDS’ BEHAVIOUR
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF TV ON KIDS’ BODY
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF ADVERTISEMENTS
ADS WITH POSITIVE EFFECTS
DEALING WITH VIOLENT NEWS
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF TV
TEACHING KIDS TO SCREEN THEIR OWN TV TIME
| If children watch
good educational programs on TV they can learn many new things very
easily. They can learn about places they have never been to and animals
they have never seen and they could learn about new scientific discoveries.
TV can be a medium for education.
It is important to choose the right TV programs for the age of the child. This way he/she can learn useful things. The right shows can help him/her develop his/her imagination. Good TV shows can also teach family values, such as Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman or Ozzy and Drix cartoon.
[image source] http://www.shopping.com/xPP-Standard_Televisions -~PG-1
Some of TV's positive sides are:
· helps people to learn about other cultures
· gives family members of all ages an opportunity to spend time together while watching it
· parents can use TV to get kids reading by getting books on the same subjects
· parents and children can talk about TV programs
· educational programs can teach children new things, and even help them make new friends
· news, current events and historical programs can help kids find out more about other cultures and people
· documentaries can create a picture of the world in kids' minds
· cultural programs can show children the world of music and art
Besides TVs other good inventions are VCRs and DVDs. They allow families to watch specific shows that are appropriate for the child, or save time by recording some shows and skipping the commercials when watching them later without having to watch commercials.