• Kate Pettifer from McMaster University, for all her time, assistance, and support.
• Dr. Michel Rathbone from McMaster University, for allowing me to work in his lab, and providing help and encouragement.
• Dr. Eva Werstiuk, Dr. Shucui Jiang, Dr. Raelene Rathbone, and Christian Bau from McMaster University for their assistance and encouragement.
• My parents, Michelle and Stephen Martin, for their encouragement and financial support.
• Dr. Margaret Fahnestock for referring me to Dr. Rathbone and encouraging me.
• Ms. Assalone and Ms. Kolmanic, my science fair mentors from Bishop Ryan Highschool, for their encouragement and help with science fair registration. Also, a special thank you to Ms. Assalone for her advice on website design and photo resolution.
• Everyone from Dr. Rathbone’s lab at McMaster University for welcoming and encouraging me.
• Parkinson Society Canada for providing me with information.
All pictures of Patrick Martin were taken by Kate Pettifer. All other pictures in the lab were taken by Patrick Martin.
Neuron background from www.bcm.ulaval.ca/ accueil.aspx?tabid=115
SH-SY5Y Neuroblastoma Cell picture from http://www.axiope.com/catalogs/expts-eve-lutz/lists/File/1.html
MPP+ Chemical Structure from http://www.neurosci.pharm.utoledo.edu/MBC3320/dopamine.htm
Guanosine Chemical Structure from http://www.otterbein.edu/home/fac/DNHJHNS/chem220/tutorial4/nucleotides.htm