|Table of Contents
Sources of Error
Test Unit Construction
1. Holes were drilled on the hub of each propeller, between each blade
with the #25 drill bit. Each hole was tapped with a 10-24 tap. This allowed for
the insertion of 10-24 set screws (3) on each propeller. The set screws were
used to fasten the propeller to the steel rod.
2. Four ¼" holes were drilled through the composite wood block as
3. The U bolts were placed over the bearings, through the drilled holes
and anchored with washers and nuts.
4. The steel rod was inserted through the bearings.
5. The lock
washer was placed on the rod at the first bearing to anchor the bearing.
6. Rotors were placed on the rod in various positions and combinations during
testing and the set screws tightened using the Allen key.
7. The plastic
cap was placed at the rotor end of the steel rod.
8. The test unit and retort stand were clamped on a workbench to hold it
Test Unit Schematic: